1. My favorite movie at the time was Benny and Joon. It was my first Johnny Depp film and it began the obsession. Dont worry, Jared knows.
2. I was so sure I would marry my boyfriend Mark Meadows.... it didnt work out. It also didnt work out with Mike Billings, Brad Fincher and John something, all of whom I dated at 16. I dated ALOT.....
3. I just knew my mother and I would drive each other crazy. We were either best friends or worst enemies during this time of my life. Being a teenager was hard. Raising one was MUCH harder. I love you mom!
4. I was the volleyball queen in my school, following in my mother's and grandmother's shoes. I wanted to be on that court more than anything. I miss it so much. I won MVP out of about a hundred other girls in a tournament that year and its the only trophy I still have to this day.
5. I had a really hard time in school with the girls. They didn't like me much. I switched schools three times that year. Probably the worst time in my whole life.
6. I was one of two girls in my young women's program. It was the turning point in my life where I decided that I knew the gospel was true with all my heart and I was gonna stick this out. No young women in my class, no members in my school, my daddy was the bishop, my grandpa the first councilor. I HAD to be good! What a blessing that was for me.
7. I was already on my 2nd car by this time. I had 2 wrecks that year and went through another car by the time I was 17. (All in all, my record is 3 totaled cars and 8 wrecks.)
I think being 16 was hard for me. I wrote in my journal one particularly hard day "If i ever get to relive my life, I will skip this year." The teenage years seem to be the ones that mold us. Like the toss up before a serve, it tells you where the ball will go. Good thing I became I great server.