Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Stork flew South for the winter!

Thats right friends and family! Jared and I are expecting a little one in August. We are so very excited. We found out a few weeks ago but had to keep it under wraps until Christmas Eve when we told Jared's family.
The morning Jared and I found out, I went to the bathroom early and took the test. It immediately turned positive! HA I couldn't believe it. Jared was still asleep in the bed so I turned the light on. I think the look on my face (deer in headlights) made him panic a little until he saw the test in my hands. He jumped out of bed and kept saying "ARE WE?" "ARE WE?" I just nodded and stuck the test in his face. We sat quiet for a split second and then he hugged me REALLY tight! HA After a few minutes of hugging and kissing I decided to take a second test, just to be sure. And it also turned positive immediately. Needless to say, we are both VERY excited.
We decided to tell my parents that day since I needed to find a doctor sooner rather than later. Plus I HAD to tell my momma! Jared bought some blank onesies at the dollar store. I wrote on one of them "Boy or Girl?" on it and we put it on our dog, Sophie. My daddy didnt understand what it meant at first but my mom got it right away. Looking back, it was way too confusing but jared didnt want the message to be TOO obvious. All well.
We did better for his parents. We used another blank onesie and I wrote on it "Coming August 2010" and wrapped it up in a present and told them to open it Christmas Eve. We got to listen to their reactions over the phone and it was so sweet. They seemed very happy.
We have had an outpouring of friends and family congratulating us and its so touching. I am so grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. The last few weeks haven't been the best for me as the nausea and fatigue have kicked in. Sadly, Christmas was the worst. The turkey was cooking in the oven all day and the smell was so strong I was laid up on the couch almost ALL day. My poor mom had to do ALL the cooking. I felt so bad. I was such a party pooper. Also, I felt pretty lousy on my birthday. Mom tried to take me shopping but I was tired and nauseous. Then we met the boys for a movie and the popcorn smell nearly did me in. We were supposed to eat at the Melting Pot for dinner afterwards but I was nauseous so I couldn't do it. I didn't want to spend all that money to eat and then not eat hardly anything. I was so bummed too because I've never eaten there and was SO excited to.
Im only at 6 weeks right now, so I've still got a long haul ahead of me. Pray hard for me. I haven't vomited yet but sometimes I just wish I would. My first doctor's appointment is January 11th. Not sure what the doctor will do but I will be sure to keep everyone posted with the details. Im reading my pregnancy books and doing my best to follow it exactly. The hardest is the food. Im trying to be healthy but I HATE meal time. I dread the time I have to eat because NOTHING sounds good. So I just eat what I can and its not always the best. Right now queso dip seems to be the number one food. HA! Hopefully this phase will pass quickly. Thank goodness I have my mom! I will post some pics next post. Love you all!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! And LOVE YOU! I'm sorry about the nausea, hopefully it will only last a few weeks!! So excited for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO!!!!! This is SO exciting! (Except for the nausea/bad smells)...Take good care of yourself. Can't wait for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE ARE THRILLED and I about DIED when you called to tell me!!! I couldn't be happier for you!!! I hate that you're sick but on my selfish note, I'm glad I'm not the ONLY one who gets sick during pregnancy (most of my other friends seem to avoid that..) but I must say I'd NEVER wish it on any one! There were times that Kent and I would be at a restaurant, I'd order food then just the look of it made me sick so we'd go some place else...sometimes it took 3 different places for me to find something! It definately sucks but in the end, it's all totally worth it!!! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're praying for you and the peanut! And I always felt sick but rarely threw up and sometimes prayed that I would so the nausea would go away for a little while. Good luck! Hopefully it's not too bad for you! Hopefully your second trimester will be awesome! (it's the best for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so behind in my blog reading but I am glad to be catching up. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and Jared. Yay.

    ReplyDelete