Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Long live the Queen... Of Random





Ms. Lisa Ann Toone.
Life Savor
Period.

Jared's dad will be here on Thursday. I have to say it will be a very bitter sweet visit for me. He is coming to take Lisa (my sister in law) back to Utah before she heads up to college in January. We asked Lisa earlier this year if she would consider living with us for a little while to help me with the girls and I have to say I did NOT think she would. But she did. And that decision has affected my life tremendously. Since I found out I was pregnant, I have had live-in help from my family. The girls have ALWAYS (since birth) had family here helping me. And I was TERRIFIED at the thought of not having that anymore after the move to Texas. Lisa has brought me more comfort and a sense of peace then she will ever know.

Its sad how very unqualified and incapable I feel of being with these girls all day by myself. I am actually afraid. Not because I think they will kill me or each other or something crazy like that. But the thought of not being able to spend time with each one equally or not be able to go the park and do normal things. I cant do a lot of things a mother of one can because I simply cant be in three places at once. I can keep three toddlers out of the street or chase them in three different directions. Im simply limited in what I can do alone and that makes me feel dependent on others so much that its scary for me. So Heavenly Father has blessed me with the best kind of help a mother could ask for... family.

These girls love Lisa. They sign "aunt" for her. They laugh and giggle when she comes into their room every morning. They watch her eat her cereal while they eat their oatmeal. They bring her their toys to play with. They love to play peek a boo with her. They are just such great friends. You can see that. And its precious. We owe Lisa so much more than we can afford to pay. I wish I could keep her here so that my girls could always have that extended family love.

I've learned a lot about Lisa with her living here these last 6 months. She loves reading more than most and writes stories all the time. She loves peanut butter pretty much more than most normal people. She hates socks because her feet get claustrophobic. And hates long sleeve shirts because apparently her arms get claustrophobic too... Yea whats up with that? We share a love for old movies and musicals. We have gotten to were we read each others minds and finish each others sentences. She loves blue mini coopers. She likes to stay up late which doesn't go well with getting up at 8 am. And she is the Queen of Random. Meaning, she says the most random things at the most random times. So I gave her the aptly suited title.

In all seriousness, we will miss her so much. The girls will wonder where she went but we will never let them forget the sacrifice she made to put her life on hold for six months so that their mother didn't go crazy. She has been a companion for me, adult company throughout my day full of toddlers. She picked up the slack when I was sick as a dog. She was always there to pick up that third baby. What will I do without her? Lisa, you will never know what you've done for me and how crucial your presence was here at this time. Blessings will certainly be coming your way, I will never stop praying for them to. Thank you. Thank you so very much. I love you forever.

3 comments:

  1. What a precious post! Thank you so much for loving our girl. Thank you for appreciating her service. She adores you, Jared and the babies. It will be bittersweet for her to leave. We'll be glad to have her home for a few days before she heads to college. I know the time she's had with you will always be a cherished part of her life. We love each of our Texas Toones. Mom and Dad Toone

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious post! Thank you so much for loving our girl. Thank you for appreciating her service. She adores you, Jared and the babies. It will be bittersweet for her to leave. We'll be glad to have her home for a few days before she heads to college. I know the time she's had with you will always be a cherished part of her life. We love each of our Texas Toones. Mom and Dad Toone

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, so i actually shed a tear reading this post. what an awesome blessing lisa has been to your family. i cant imagine what you must be feeling knowing you will have triplets all by yourself. i would absolutely LOVE to come be your live in nanny. i so wish i could! you will be in my prayers and i know you can do it! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete