Friday, August 6, 2010

Time Flies....

My oldest child (by about 15 seconds) Charlotte...
My middle child Abigail
My youngest child Mia
All three of my girls sleeping so peacefully.... Couldn't you just EAT THEM UP!!!! haha


I am already a mom to one month old triplet girls! My goodness! I can't believe its already been a month. I am loving every single second of my girls. I just breath them in. It's going by so fast, it almost makes me sad to see them grow so fast.

We went to the doctor on Thursday for another weight check. Charlotte is 6 lbs 7 ounces and the twins are both 5 pounds 6 ounces. So big.... They are on a consistent schedule of every 4 hour feedings and they are doing really well with it. About 30 minutes before they eat they start stirring and grunting wanting their food. haha its so cute. They grunt all the time. I just laugh, its the cutest thing ever. I pump every 2 hours still and its pretty time consuming. But totally worth it. They are each getting 80% breast milk and only 20% formula (i dont make enough for everyone to have just breastmilk.) Im just grateful they are getting as much as they are. It took a long time for my milk to come in and the nurses weren't very encouraging that I would make enough for it to be worth the time to pump every two hours. But I stayed diligent with it and SO glad I did.
We've only had one night so far where the girls were just inconsolable for hours. They had serious gas problems and Mylacon just made it 10X worse. They were all screaming for about 3-4 hours straight. It broke my heart that I couldn't do anything for them except hold them and just try to soothe them. So sad. Other than that though, they sleep really well in between feedings. We have a pretty good system going with nighttime feedings. We have the girls sleeping in the living room in their cribs. So at night Jared, my mom and myself take turns sleeping on the couch for a few hours at a time. We just rotate shifts so we can have uninterrupted sleep for a few hours at least. Makes a huge difference. When the girls first came home from the hospital we let them sleep in our bedroom but we would wake up with every groan and grunt. So we decided to keep them in their cribs so we could get a good nap at least. *I could not survive without the amazing help of my mom and dad. They take over and let Jared and me get some sleep and it just could NOT be done without them*

My sister is flying in today with my niece to stay for about a week and a half. We are so excited too! First time seeing the girls for her. Then it will be my mamaw peg and papa skip. We have company coming for the next 2 months to help us with the girls. We are having family pictures taken on Wednesday and I am so excited to see how they turn out. It will be so nice to have amazing pictures of my girls! Jared and I are exhausted but I am blissfully exhausted. I love my girls and just want to be close to them all the time. They are just little angels and I am so blessed to get to be their mom. My life is so good.

6 comments:

  1. Such ADORABLE pics of your girlS (still can't get over that you popped out THREE at ONCE)! I'm so glad that you are loving motherhood (who doesnt?) and that things seems to be going well! I just want to hold them and give them kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I love the pictures! I love how you describe it as blissfully tired. I can't wait to see your family pictures! I just love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so adorable! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Ashley!!!! your girlies are soooooo adorable.... nothing like a brand new baby.... and you have three!!! how awesome..... so cool they are home!!!! how exciting!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! I am a friend of Jareds and I came across your blog tonight. Your daughters are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm Darci (Brockbank) Allred. I went to high school and church with Jared here in Erda. I just had twins (6/22/10) and see that we are doing all the same stuff with our girls! It's fun to check in with other families with multiple babies. I sent an invite to our blog if you have a minute (HaHa!) to check it out.Your liitle ones are so darn cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete