Sunday, September 19, 2010

Love x 3

So I have a little time this morning (very rare) and I wanted to mention all the wonderful things going on with the girls lately! Im such a proud momma!

Mia:
Rolled over yesterday!!..... and I missed it. I was pumping in my bedroom but mom told me all about it. She laid Mia down on her tummy and had to tend to another baby that was fussing and then Mia started crying. When she went over to check on her Mia was on her back! Apparently she scared herself by rolling over so she starting crying pretty hard. haha My first baby to roll over! And at 10 weeks old!! Gooooo Mia!
Mia is definitely the baby (youngest) of the group. She loves attention and loves someone to always be holding her. She still makes the cutest dolphin noises but sadly not as often. She is usually the first one to want her bottle and the first one to finish her bottle. ha
She is smiling and really alert lately. It just melts your heart to see her smile up at you. Also, she has a cowlick on the top of her head. haha a good way to tell her and Abigail apart since Abby doesn't have one.

Abigail:
Oh Abigail.... haha my drama girl Im afraid. She is usually my fussiest baby. When she gets on a rampage, watch out! It takes a lot to get her to calm down and usually ends up with you holding her for the rest of the time until its time for a bottle. She is so funny when she is awake though. She loves to stare at the ceiling fan or chandelier and she can get so tickled. haha She seems to be one extreme or the other (really content and happy or really mad and fussy). She may look just like Mia but by now I can tell them apart in personality. She has a freckle on her forehead which seems to be one of the only physical ways to tell her and Mia apart.

Charlotte:
My sweet Charlotte. She is by far my easiest baby. She is so laid back. She sleeps so well and usually has to be woke up to eat. She is the slowest in finishing her bottle too, even though she has the faster nipple and is the bigger baby. HA! She loves to snuggle though. Oh my word.... she is such a snuggle bug and you just WANT to hold her all the time. She really favors her sisters but is definitely different. She doesn't require much work at all and has NEVER had a real fit throwin. She is alert much more than the other two and for much longer (probably because she doesn't wear herself out from screaming all day). She loves her play gym and staring at things. She is cooing and you can see her trying to form her mouth to mimic you talking to her.

They all love tummy time and raising their heads up high. They are all smiling and laughing at this point too. They love to stretch and get massages. They love to hear this huge industrial fan we have in their room while they sleep. They also have music playing most of the time too. They go through about 10 diapers a day a piece and are drinking 4 ounces (70 mL breastmilk and 50 mL formula) every 3 1/2 hours. We are still trying to get them to sleep longer at night time though. Their last feeding is at 1030 pm and they are awake usually around 4 am screaming to eat again. They have been sleeping in their own separate cribs but we put them together in one crib for a few minutes yesterday while they were still awake and they just loved it. They touched each others face and were just so content to be close to one another. I still look around the room at feeding time when their is one adult per child and think "wow, this is insane!" hahaha Its so exhausting and can be such an emotional drain but I WOULD NOT TRADE THIS FOR A SINGLE THING IN THIS WORLD! I could not love these girls any more than I do or I would just burst.

Pictures to come later...

3 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful Mom! I am sure that you and Jared are exhausted, but loving it. I am so grateful that everything has gone so well. We pray for your sweet family,and for your parents as they help you wade though the tough times! Beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ash!! how amazing... i still cannot believe i havent met these sweet girls!! hopefully SOON! love you ALL so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look how amazing you are Mama Funderburg! Love hearing about these sweet little girls! I Think about you often! Give them hugs and kisses from me!

    ReplyDelete