Thursday, August 27, 2009

3 years down.... Eternity to go!

WOW! I cant believe Jared and I have been married for 3 years! I can say 100% certain I love him more today than I did when I married him. That has to be on the right track right? When you go through struggles and trials with someone, you grow together that much stronger. Its amazing how marriage works. Its definintely the hardest challenge we are given on this earth, but certainly my favorite!
Well for our anniversary, I let Jared plan the whole thing. It's been a struggle for him to actually plan a romantic evening and he wanted this challenge, so I let him take control of it. And he didnt disappoint! First of all, he cleared it with my boss for him and I to have the whole day off. So i got to sleep in!! SO nice! Then during breakfast he gave me 3 white cali lillies (they were one of our wedding flowers). They were beautiful! And also the sweetest card. It has a picture of these two little kids kissing on the front and inside the card it says "Turns out the millionth kiss is the best" and he wrote a sweet note to me. AWE! We then made a list of the top 5 cars we both really want and then went to the car dealers and checked em out. It was really fun (except the salesmen of course).We even test drove one. It was alot of fun and gave us a better idea of what we want since we are planning on getting me a new one soon.
Then we got frozen custard at the BEST place ever, Neilsons. SO YUMMY! and then we got lunch (Dessert before lunch, he did good huh?) Then he took me to the movies to see Julie and Julia, he knew i really wanted to see it. It was really cute too! Made me really want to go to cooking school again.
Then we had time for a nap, which was nice. We got all dressed up and ate dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. It is an amazing place if you want the best beef in the USA. Pricey though. Well we splurged (when in Rome right?) We got a Porterhouse Steak for 2 (40 oz of beef) HAHAHA and potatos A Gratin, and asparagus with hollindaise sauce. So goooooood! The meat melted in your mouth, you could cut it with a fork. Perfect! And for dessert, we got 2 so we could share! haha and they were HUGE! We got cheesecake and carmelized bannana cream pie. The cheesecake was the best. Mainly cause I think my mamaw peg makes the best pies ever! No one can touch em. But still very good effort. We were pleasanty stuffed after all that. It was just a wonderful day.
I have such an amazing husband. He is so devoted to me and the gospel. He works tremendously hard to provide for our little family and has the biggest sweetest heart. Im so blessed to have him in my life forever and I cant want to have a family with him. I love you baby! Thank you for making yesterday so special! Heres to a million more!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! I can't believe it's been that long since y'all were just engaged and PLANNING the wedding!!! Time FLIES!

    ReplyDelete