Monday, August 31, 2009

Virginia Beach

This weekend Jared and I were able to go to the VA beach with the office. It was alot of fun and VERY hot! We both got sunburned. I was a little nervous to go because of the hurricanes up here and it was supposed to rain this weekend, but it didnt. Very bright and sunny the whole time except on the drive up there and the last hour we were there it was sprinkling. It was a long drive (4 hours) but we had Chris with us so it was fun. We both love spending time with our BRETHERE..... hehe (indian accent needed).
We got there really early that morning cause we left at 530. But it was still cool and early and not crowded. My favorite time to be at the beach. Chris and I even saw a pod of dolphins ( i think its pod....) Lots of surfers and sun bathers. Then we played in the water and hung out for a while until we got hungry. We took a break from the heat and was back in it by around 4. Went back to the beach and left around 730. Then we had a really late dinner at a mexican restuarant around 9. And went straight to bed. We were exhausted.
Sunday morning most of the group went to church, Jared and I however didnt bring sunday clothes so slept in and met up with everyone at the beach around 11 or so. We played there until about 4 when this huge storm came rolling in with thunder and lightening so the life guards made everyone get out of the ocean. Jared and I had dinner on the patio of a restaurant hoping for a good storm but never came.... Then we drove home and didnt make it tilll around 9.
Long trip, but fun. I made a decision that i HATE traveling in groups though. It is always so unorganized and NO ONE can make a decision... My last time to do that. Jared and I are both sun burnt and I jammed my toe but it was fun to swim in the ocean with my hunny. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha Ashlee I love you! Sorry about your toe, but I'm glad you had a good time. That sounds so dang fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Glad y'all had fun at the beach....where are the PICTURES?!?

    ReplyDelete