Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

To my Friends and Family:

The holiday season is upon us again and I just love this time of year. I love the music and the glittery lights and the activities that there are to do. I love the excitement of packages and family get togethers and yummy food. I espcecially love the age my girls are at now because they are so much more aware of the holiday season now and all the extra things going on. Its very magical and I am so blessed and grateful for my family.

This year unfortunently I wont be able to be with my family for Thanksgiving. Jared's family is staying in Utah and my sister and her kids are driving to Alabama to spend the holiday with my parents. Im so glad that she gets to be with mom and dad this year and I know they will have a wonderful week with them. Its actually the first major holiday like this that I wont be with any other family besides my husband and girls. Its very strange. But also kind of nice and laid back which I am all about.

Thinking about what Im most grateful for this year I started to think about the year that Ive had. Without one shadow of a doubt this has been the worst year Ive ever had to endure due to one unthinkable and unimaginable tragedy. Nathan's loss has impacted my family's life dramatically and has left us all with a horrible painful hole that is mostly unbearable. Especially with the holidays, we feel that loss more and more. Its a cruel world we live in. Its unforgiving and unreliable and ever changing.

Having said that, I can say with one hundred percent certainty that I have never been more grateful for the gospel in my life. The knowledge that I have of where my sweet Nathan is right now and what he is doing and the promise that we will be reunited as a family FOREVER if we live up to our covenants is the greatest thing in my life. Bar none. This world can be a horrid place but the gospel has provided the peace and comfort that my family has needed to at least have something to look forward to and hold on to for dear life.

So that's what I'll be clinging to throughout my life on this earth. Those promises that I believe in with all my soul. I will be doing everything I can to keep the covenants that I have made so that my family can be together forever. And that is what I am most thankful for this year. I miss my precious Nathan so much, more than I can say. And I still havent come to full terms of his loss. But he will be a wonderful motivator for me personally to stay on the straight and narrow path back to my Father in Heaven.

Im thankful for all my friends and family this year. Thankful for all the relationships that I have. They are a lifeline for me. Have a wonderful holiday season loved ones. You are in our prayers and hearts!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post from a beautiful gal. Happy Thanksgiving!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ashlee. You are a choice daughter of God and we are so blessed to have you in our family. We love how you love our son and those precious girls. We're stoked to see you soon!
    Having just been through a huge trial with my parents - nearly losing both of them - I echo your sentiments this year. Without a doubt during this very trying, emotional time we were literally buoyed up and supported by the prayers of our loved ones and help beyond the veil. We had some very sacred experiences that have confirmed to my soul even more the sure knowledge of life after death. We are grateful for the comforter and for our eternal ties. WE love you, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete