Friday, March 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Bubba

My sweet Nathan has been on my mind so much today. It's his birthday. He would have been 9 years old. I love and miss him so very much. Life isn't fair and its much too short for some. If it wasn't for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I can't imagine enduring this loss. It's a physical pain sometimes.   But thankfully the relief from the peace the gospel brings usually follows. It's still heart wrenching to think about the void in our family and the unthinkable rift that followed Nathan's passing. Endurance with faith is all I got left in me. And some days not even that.
I love my bubba. I hurt for his loss. But I'm grateful that he is now our family's driving force. We HAVE to do extra well so we can be with that sweet boy again. Happy birthday Nathan Garrett Dennis!

1 comment:

  1. Time will heal most things but there's some wounds that will never totally heal. This is probably one for your family. Our family has the same attitude; to be worthy to be with my sister, whom we lost. Her birthday and death day are still hard for my parents, 40 some years later. We as children recognize that and attempt to console them on these hard days. Sometimes it's just a matter of enduring. I love your testimony

    ReplyDelete