Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping Weekend

Sorry I havent posted anything in a while. We just hadnt really done anything to write about. But we went camping this weekend and had so much fun. We left Friday after I got off work and drove all the way down to Zions. It was a long drive but we had good travelin' food... haha We got our tent set up right as the sun was setting. We had a tiny can of fuel and roasted those tiny cocktail weenies and marshmellows for dinner. HEHE It was alot of fun. It was pretty cold that night though and really windy. We got up and drove around Zions park. Jared even got me to do a little bit of hiking. We hiked the Emerald Pools trail. For those of you who know me well, you know i HATE to hike. And I feel bad about that cause Jared loves it so much. So we compromised (as a good marriage is about) and just did that one trail. It was 4 miles though so dont feel too bad for Jared. Anyway, we had a great weekend just the two of us. I love that man of mine. He's so wonderful to me. I really lucked out in the eternal companion department. Of course, I always believe luck has nothing to do with it.... its a much higher power. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! I think you definitely got a good partner. But he didn't do too badly either! *wink*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun. I love hiking, scratch that, I love being outside in nature, I would rather ride a bike. You get where you are going a lot faster haha.

    ReplyDelete