Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Waiting for life to begin....

Now that the countdown to leave Provo has reached three weeks, I've started thinking about the future. Jared and I have all these dreams about what we want to do together. Besides having a baby, what I want to do more than anything is travel. I want to see the world. Rio, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Ireland, oh my goodness.... the list goes on and on. I want to see and experience it all. 
The big problem seems to be.... money. Thats right. Money. You aren't supposed to wait around for your life to begin. You are supposed to make it happen yourself. But how do you do that without the green. How do you live your dreams and make your memories when you have a budget that doesn't stretch far enough for a round trip ticket to Buenos Aires? 
It doesn't seem fair to me that we, working class, have to settle in our lives because everything is so expensive. Its just really frustrating. I dont want to just pop out a few kids, live in the suburbs and be content. I want more out of my life. I want to see and taste and feel and just experience life OUTSIDE of kids. I guess according to LDS and old school views, I may seem selfish or greedy, but I really don't see it that way. I honestly believe its ok to want it all. Just impossible to get.
"Money, money money... Must be funny... in a rich man's world." 

4 comments:

  1. Ashlee - you said EXACTLY what I've been thinking for a long long time!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Maybe we can travel together when we both get rich huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Thank you for your Mama Mia reference! I will now be singing that ALL day!
    #2 After this summer you'll be able to go on those vacations.... ;)or maybe one...

    I told Kent I want to set a goal and go someplace new once a year so we can mark it off our list. We are planning on vacationing this Sept and just setting money aside every check so we can do it! GO FOR IT...BEFORE you have a baby because it just gets harder and harder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Ashlee. I see so much more to life then only having kids. Everyone tells me to have one now... come on, I'm 23! I have my whole life ahead of me and I'll be a much better parent when I'm ready for it!

    ReplyDelete