Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Glass half full.... sorta

Ok I know the last post was a bit of a downer. Im sorry guys. I was having a REALLY rough week adjusting. Sometimes I just get sick of "making the best of my situation." But my daddy called me and pepped me up and then on Sunday, this one member bore his testimony and really opened my heart up. He said "Life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass. Its about learning to dance in the rain." That really hit home for me because ive noticed that im always a "glass half empty" gal. Things could always be better vs things could be worse. I really dont like that about me but Jared is glass half full kinda guy to the extreme. He is WAY too optimistic, almost nieve. So i feel i have to be even more grounded for the both of us.
Anyway, my point is this phrase has really helped me be happy just to be healthy and alive. I dont want to look back twenty years from now and think "I was always waiting for things to get better before I could be happy." I want to be happy now and "Sing and Dance in the rain." So i may not want to do summer sales ever again, and i may hate being in D.C. alone with no friends or family but thats ok. Sure this isnt my ideal situtaion but it certainly isnt my worst case senerio either. So im trying to turn a new leaf you guys!

2 comments:

  1. There is a song you should listen to. It is perfect for this post. I posted it on my site. I love you! And miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Ash! Good luck with everything. The summer sales thing can be super tough, but so are you!

    ReplyDelete