Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jibberish

A lot has gone down in the last couple of days. First of all, my daddy left on Sunday for Afghanistan. He will be gone for 6 months. We were all pretty upset and luckily we had the grandparents here to help with the girls. Please pray for his safe trip and safe return! I will miss you daddy!

Also, the girls had their 4 month checkup yesterday. They are doing just perfect. They weigh 14.5, 14.5 and 14.1, with Mia being the smallest. So they are in the 90th percentile for weight for premie babies and 50th for full term! haha Everything else looked good too and he answered all my questions. We got to start them on cereal last night too. It was so funny. they were super hungry so those tiny bits of cereal just made them mad. They would cry and then I would put some in their mouths and they would sigh in relief and swallow then cry again for more. Sounded like a bag of cats in here! haha They all took the cereal really well. Charlotte wasn't sure about the taste though. She would scrunch her face up like she didn't like it. But she swallowed anyway, guess she was pretty hungry.

The girls slept until 800 the last couple of mornings I am SO happy to report! But since they had their shots yesterday they woke up about 7 this morning. I figured they would though. They had a mild fever last night but they seem to be much better this morning. I dont understand how its possible to love them more and more every single day..... Mom says that you love them more and more everyday until they are about 12 then it goes to less and less! HAHA (She's teasing, but has a point).

We also got Jared's jeep fixed up. Even put in a new clutch. Now we are replacing the windshield and then putting it up for sale (if anyone's interested!). Hopefully it will sell pretty quick and we can cash in on the end of the year car deals.

Its crazy to think this time last year I was pregnant. I didn't know it at the time but its still strange how fast time goes. It's already been a year and three kids later. Thats a pretty big year for me. Lots of new experiences and treasures. All in all, the best year of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your dad's safe trip and return! He will be fine! :)

    Gosh a big year indeed, ha ha I think that might be an understatement, lol. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll definitely be thinking of you and your family with your dad gone to Afganistan! Atleast you are there for your mom while he is gone! Seriously love hearing how you manage with THREE! It gives me hope that I can do it with two (3 years apart). I'm getting a little nervous about that since its slowly coming! You really have had quite the year with adding THREE kids to the mix! I'm sure it IS wonderful...kids will do that to you and make your life SO much better than you thought possible!

    Sidenote: If Charlotte wasn't a HUGE fan of rice cereal, try the banana flavored kind. That's the only kind Boston would eat. Plus, let's be honest, doesn't a little banana flavor make RICE CEREAL sound SOO much better??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute family pic and your scriptures of the day! I am glad to see yall are doing well, miss ya!

    ReplyDelete