Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sad day...

So I weaned off pumping this week. It was surprisingly sad for me to give it up. Everyone has been telling me "Wow, Im so impressed you did that for triplets for three whole months." And I am proud of myself for sticking it out that long. Pumping for 20-30 minutes every 2-3 hours (even at night) was very time consuming and hard on my body. I was always starving and always had to carry a pump around with me if I planned on going anywhere. I have a car adapter so that I could pump in the car for long road trips. But when I finally made the decision to stop, I actually was very sad. I didn't think I would be because I wasn't technically breastfeeding. But I still felt that lump in my throat. It was like I had the food for my girls and I was denying them that. I know it sounds silly and I didn't get depressed over it. I just went through withdraws I guess. I was just exhausted you know? And they are starting to eat 5 1/2 ounces each time and i was only making enough milk for 3 of those ounces.

I feel bad because I know I could have gone longer and I choose not too. Jared really wanted me to stop and so did my parents. I think they saw how much time and energy I was using up. In the end I felt like the girls had the best food for three whole months and I am satisfied with that. I feel like Im rambling haha.....Bottom line: I was very surprised by how the sadness hit me when I stopped pumping.

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed! I've been mostly pumping for our babies and I wanted to quit after the first week. My goal is 4 months, but that's 2 months away and I'm not sure if I can last that long. It's not very fun being chained to the pump. Pumping for 3 babies for 3 months (right? They're 3 months old?) is NOTHING to feel unaccomplished for. Like I said, I'm really impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute. I love ya. And I'm so happy that the babies are sleeping now! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're one good committed chick! Props to you for even lasting that long...I lasted 6 wks breastfeeding+pumping and I don't even know if I'll go THAT long or IF AT ALL this time around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's more important for those girls to have a happy, sane momma than to have breast milk. I'm so proud of you for lasting as long as you did though. They need you more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU DID WONDERFUL!!!! that is amazing how committed you were, I am seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete