Friday, July 8, 2011

Then and Now

I've been working on this post for a little while now. I still can't believe my baby girls are one year old already. They are officially toddlers. It went by so very fast. When Jared and I made the decision to start having children we never dreamed about what we could possibly be in for. When the ultrasound tech told me she saw two babies, I was hit with a flood of fear and anxiety. When she told me 3 seconds later that she saw three babies, I just put my hands to my face and sobbed. I went from being nervous about having 1, to terrified about having 2, to completely overwhelmed and "soaked to the bone" with true fear in every sense of the word about having 3. But with the help of the amazing family and friends that we have been blessed with, we made it to year one. And we now have 3 beautiful, perfect, healthy, adorable little angels that have just consumed our world and our hearts.

At 6 weeks old:


Mia

Abigail

Charlotte

This past year has been such a busy one for me. Learning to be a mother takes patience, practice and time. Learning to be a mother to three babies takes patience, a miracle, practice, and a lot of support and help. Thankfully, I've been blessed with all these things. The girls have developed so much physically and personality wise this year. Its been amazing to watch. Here are some of the highlights.


9 months old

Mia
My ham. She is definitely the youngest child, if only by 15 seconds. She has always been a pretty good baby. Her personality now though is just precious. She loves attention. If she wants a toy, she grabs it, even if her sister has it. If she wants in my lap, she crawls in, even if her sister's already there. Her smile is radiant. Her laugh is infectious. She was the second one of the girls to crawl and learn to stand. She has always had the longest hair. She loves to watch her DVDs the most. She giggles and squeals every time the beginning starts. As of now, she's the best napper. She has 5 teeth. She loves her sippy cup. I can always make her smile. She has the most beautiful pictures because she just loves smiling. She loves her sisters. She will chase Abigail around and they will be just laughing. And when Charlotte is standing solo against the couch, Mia will crawl up to her and stand up beside her. Kinda like saying "Hey whats up sis?" She gives the best hugs and snuggles. She can squeeze your neck so tight, it just melts every inch of me. And she just LOVES it when I saw "mama mama MIA!"

Abigail
My sweetheart. Abigail started out being the biggest handful. There were times I just couldn't handle all the screaming and fit throwing she could dish up. That all seems like a completely different child now. My Abbi now is precious. She is patient. She LOVES to eat. She gets so excited when we put her in her booster chair for snack time. But then when there's just two people at feeding time, she will wait until Charlotte and Mia have had their cereal before she gets hers without complaint. Precious. She loves kisses and hugs. She actually minds me when I say "No." She loves to squish up her nose and snort. Hilarious. She has 4 teeth. She was the last to crawl and stand but now does both perfectly. She is so laid back that she's just happy all the time. She loves to learn. She will point to things and I will tell her what it is and she will watch my mouth so intently. She soaks everything up. She's not the best napper but I think its because she just loves to snuggle. She will stay so perfectly still when I rock her but as soon as I get up, her head pops up like "Wait mom!" Ha!

Charlotte
My adventurer. Charlotte has always been so independent. When she was a newborn she was such an easy baby. Never cried, just slept and ate. Angel. Her temperament has done a 180 since birth but she is still very independent. She struggles with finishing her bottle, sleeping and teething. She doesn't want you to help her when she stands. She doesn't have any trouble entertaining herself. In fact, sometimes I have to encourage her to join in playing with me and the other two girls. She isn't a fan of all the kisses I like to take from her. She doesn't like to snuggle either unless she is sleepy or doesn't feel well. She certainly doesn't obey yet. I will say "No Charlotte" and she will look at me and smile that sweet innocent smile, then turn around and continue on exactly what she was doing that I just forbade. Turkey. But she sure does love her mama. She loves to play "Patty Cake." She was the first to crawl and stand. She has 9 teeth. She is so brave, I swear this girl is afraid of nothing. She loves to dance. I will chant "Go Charli, Go Charli" and she will throw her hands up and move those hips. Hilarious!

I dont know why I got so blessed. I know I certainly don't deserve it. Even now when I think about them, my heart and eyes swell up. Im so in love with these girls. My life will never have more purpose or meaning than it does right now. I thank God for the three precious miracles He has loaned me.

1 comment:

  1. hi Sweetheart,
    I love this post! I'm sorry I haven't gotten to see more of your precious babies. I sure wish we were closer! I'm so excited to have you live closer now and have a decent air fare! You'll be seeing more of me now!
    Motherhood is such a growing time for the mother. I never thought I had a temper until I became a mother. Children push you to your ultimate limits in so many areas, including joy.
    We are so blessed to have such wonderful children and grandchildren. Thank you for raising these beautiful girls in righteousness. We're so blessed to have you all in our family.
    By the way: Jared was always very independent. I wonder if Charlotte looks like your side but has some of his temperment....
    Love, momma Toone

    ReplyDelete