Thursday, August 4, 2011

12 month check ups

We took the girls to the doctor today. The poor girlies had to get 4 shots a piece AND have their thumb pricked for a blood test. Agh! Check ups are the worst. Absolute worst! I asked every nurse that came in if it was possible to put those needles in mommy's arm and spare my poor babies... turns out, can't happen. I tell you what, if it wasn't for a darn good reason (like my kid NOT getting mumps or rubella) then I would NOT be getting those shots. But since it is, we went.

First time meeting our new pediatrician and I really like her. She's super nice, smart and a cute little lady. I asked her about Charli's eye. She said we will just watch it. There's not much else we can do right now since the MRI came back normal. So hopefully thats a good thing and it will just take care of itself. Maybe my Charli Bean is just extra talented. I was also going to ask her about the feeding schedule that I have for the girls but wasn't able to. She beat me to it. She said "I want the girls off bottles." I was slightly shocked. But she said no more bottles. And to cut back on milk. Alot. I give the girls 6 1/2 ounces 3 times a day. And she told me to only give them around 12 ounces a day and up the meats/veggies/fruits. I had mixed feelings about it because that means the girls will be eating like a real person. ha! Like 3 meals at the table. No more bottles... no more babies... I was relieved because it will be easier for us but surprisingly sad because that means they aren't my babies anymore. They are little people. Anyway, we will get that started this week.

Here are the stats:
Charli- 24.7 lbs 30.5 inches
Abbi- 26.5 lbs 30.75 inches
Mia- 25.7 lbs 30.5 inches

Here is sweet Charlotte cuddling with Aunt Lisa on the couch. The nurses said they would be cranky and/or sleepy after their shots. Charlotte was sleepy, Abbi and Mia were cranky. HA! This is a perfect example of why Lisa is a Godsend.

No comments:

Post a Comment