Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

The holidays just started and Im already behind in my blog posts. So here is my attempt at catching up! ha

From the last time I wrote we have had visitors in town and its been so awesome. I love having family here! First was Grandma. Jared's mom came to visit for a week and the girls loved having her here. Its so cute to watch them wake up from a nap and look around for Grandma. Sadly, she wont get to come back for a few months but the girls will be so excited to see her again.

Next we had Mimi and Poppy here. They stayed for a week as well and were here for Thanksgiving. We just loved having them here. I swear these girls LOVE having company in the house. What was a big treat was what they brought with them.... SOPHIE!!! The cutest dog ever! I love/miss that dog. The girls went nuts for her and wore her smooth out. Poor Sophie was looking for a break whenever possible. HA! My sis with her kiddos came up for a day so we got to see them a little bit this trip. Hopefully we will see more of them for Christmas.

Thanksgiving was so great. My grandmother made her amazing stuffing and sent it up with mom. YUM! Thanks mamaw! My parents bought an indoor turkey fryer so we were able to have fried turkey... YUMMO! It was delish. And of course we had tons more food that lasted for days. I just love Thanksgiving. However, this year we had a bug going around the girls. Mia was sick while Cindy was here and then Abbi and Charlotte got it when Mimi and Poppy were here. Abbi had a real hard time with it. In fact, Friday night she cried and screamed for hours. We tried everything we could to calm her but she just sounded like she was in so much pain. So in a exhausted panic around 2 am Jared and I loaded up and went to the ER with her. They ran a test for RSV, checked her ears and did a chest xray for pneumonia. Luckily all those were negative but they did see some bronchitis. So they gave us some nose drops to help her breath and sent us home. We got home about 4 and had to get up around 630. We were so exhausted. It was a rough weekend with no sleep and Abbi sleeping in the bed with us. Thankfully last night she slept the whole night through in her crib! YEAH!

It was a great holiday filled with family. If the girls hadnt gotten sick it wouldve been perfect. Thankfully they are recovering and so are we and gearing up for Christmas visitors! Grandpa will be here the 15th of December (but sadly to take Lisa home) and then Natalie (my beautiful niece) will be here to help me with the girls for a week and then Mimi and Poppy will be back with Sophie! YEAH! Like I said, I love holidays. I love families. I have videos and a few pictures to post but they are still uploading. Soon to come!

1 comment:

  1. We sure are glad the girls are all on the mend. Grandma caught Mia's little bug and was sick for Thanksgiving. We're glad you have family that can love on those girls and support you. Raising triplets truly is a team effort! But as the head coaches you and Jared are amazing!! Momma Toone

    ReplyDelete