Monday, October 8, 2012

Daddy moment

So I wanted to take a minute and share the sweetest moment there is in parenthood really that Jared had recently with our sweet Abbi. You know Abbi is a total daddy's girl. She loves snuggling up to him so much. Well anyway, Jared was able to be home during the mornings last week due to work schedule changes and the girls loved this. I was upstairs getting dressed and Jared was downstairs with the girls. (He told me this story later that night while we were watching TV.)

He said he turned on the Presidental Debate that he had recorded and sat on the couch to watch it. Abbi ran and jumped on his lap (of course) and just snuggled right into him. He said after a few minutes she looked up at him and just smiled so big. "And when I grinned back at her she grinned from ear to ear and snuggled even deeper into my chest. It was as if she was saying I'll watch this boring debate with you daddy.... as long as I get to sit with you."

As Jared told me this story his eyes welled up and he actually had tears coming down his face. He said he was the sweetest most heart warming moment. I know this was a precious and rare moment he had with one of our girls and I am so grateful he was able to experience it. I am so blessed to have such a wonderfully loving father to my girls. I am one extremely blessed lady.


2 comments:

  1. That's so sweet. I miss you guys. Maybe we could skype today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of our Jared and the wonderful father he is. Those tender mercies of parenthood are such a blessing. We are so blessed to have you 5 in our family. You are a wonderful example of faith, fortitude and organization!! I'm your fan. Grandma

    ReplyDelete