Monday, May 9, 2011

So much to catch up on

A lot has happened in the past week or two. Let me catch you up.

My dad left on Sunday for Iraq. He will be gone until September or possibly as long as December. It was so sad to say goodbye to him yet again.... Sophie is seriously in depression. She mopes around all day and just sleeps. So sad.

Also, the girls are getting so much more mobile. They "crawl" all over the place. Charlotte even has 4 teeth now. Two top and two bottom. And Abigail has one of her top ones coming in. They are just getting too big so fast!

And finally, the big news, our family is on the road again. This time, we are heading to Houston! Jared was offered a great job from our amazing friends as a branch manager for Stampede Pest Control. Good things: Im only 3 hours from my sister! Jared gets to do what he's been wanting to do! In 2-3 years we HOPEFULLY will be able to transfer to San Antonio and buy a house! I will be back in Texas! Bad things: we have to leave our home here in Alabama with my parents. We have to move EVERYTHING and three babies 13 hours away. Jared will be working full time and he won't be able to help very much at all with the girls anymore. So Im scared. I so wish Jared would've been able to find a job here in Alabama. That for sure would have been my first choice. But something about moving to DC just didn't feel right to me. Houston feels much better. We both agreed it was just the better situation for our family at this time. I hope all goes well with this new adventure. Im trying to find a place to live right now and then we will be on the move. Im thinking about 2-3 weeks we will be in Houston. SCARY!

6 comments:

  1. Holy smokes! Texas? I had no idea. I guess I'll be seeing you guys in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad :-( But so happy there's a job on the horizon for you guys! You've been waiting so long for that! And being close to your sister will be awesome! I was hoping you would settle down here, but I know that this is an answer to so many prayers! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I'm supper excited to have my sis so close to me!!! Its been what seems like forever...Well, at least 10-11 yrs when I lived in Denton. My kids get to have cousins finally and I get to play my Auntie Ran role...Oh me..I'm getting all excited just thinkin about it! I'm so excited to see what this next chapter of life brings you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you can have a babysitter near! (that's me)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashlee. I have a niece (33) who lives in Alvin, TX, just south of Houston. Move there and she will happily help you with your girls! Let me know and I'll give you her contact info. Your g'parents have my contact info if you need it. Good luck! and, thanks so much for taking the time to post. I know it can't be easy for you but I enjoy it SO much! I also have some friends who have triplet grandsons (10/09) and I read about them too. So much fun for us to live vicariously through you. Tracey C. New Boston, TX

    ReplyDelete